Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stars, Cash Cows, Question marks, Dogs.




In class we discussed the market share matrix and compared the different categories to types of cars. So for my blog this week I thought I would come up with my own examples and hope that they are right. SOOO for my STAR I have the Panasonic brand to represent the Panasonic Plasma TV. Although there are a small amount of companies that make plasmas, I considered it a high growth rate market because everyone and everywhere has TVs and Panasonic is number one in plasmas. My cash cow is the Titleist Pro V 1 golf balls. In the low growth market of golf balls the Pro V 1 is a top ball not only within the titleist brand but of all brands and types. My Question Mark is the Cadillac Escalade because it is is in the high growth rate of vehicles but the product has come to be a miss in todays economy. Last but not least I have a portable CD player as my Dog. Peoples only listen to CDs on their Car stereo or in a Boom box, but even that is becoming uncommon.

No comments:

Post a Comment